Highlights and Key Outcomes
In the Executive Development Program (EDP)
, you will:
- Build capabilities for leading cross-border teams across functions and countries
- Strengthen business acumen in core areas such as finance, marketing, operations, management, and strategy
- Test and improve your leadership, resilience, agility and critical-thinking skills through a realistic business strategy simulation
- Network and forge new business relationships with global peers from around the world
- Work with an executive coach to develop your leadership skills one-on-one and through the simulation team experience
Experience & Impact
The Executive Development Program (EDP)
is designed to increase the business skills and leadership capabilities of managers who aspire to be among top leadership in their organizations. EDP
takes a multidimensional approach to learning, combining lectures, small/large group discussion, case study, role playing, networking opportunities, executive coaching, and an immersive strategy simulation to provide new insights and give participants opportunities to apply them. During this multi-week program you will:
- Advance your strategic decision-making capabilities to think faster and more creatively about current challenges, opportunities, and solutions
- Deepen your understanding of organizational dynamics to improve the design and implementation of new initiatives and avoid destructive conflicts
- Gain knowledge in core areas of business, including finance, marketing, operations, management, and strategy based on current research and best practices
, there will be several structured and focused opportunities to engage with a cohort of seasoned business leaders, and build your professional network. The intensity of class sessions reflect the experience in the group, with teamwork providing opportunities for each participant to both share and benefit from the vast expertise in the classroom. Small-group work on the simulation and group projects plus optional after-hours meetings promote a spirited camaraderie that leads to deep and lasting connections.
- Value-Based Decision Making
- Operational Excellence and the Link to Financial Performance
- Marketing Strategy: How to Compete in an Age of Disruption
- Creating and Sustaining Competitive Advantage
- Strategic Considerations in Mergers and Acquisitions: From Decision Making to Implementation
- Executive Negotiation Workshop
- Leading with Character and Integrity
- The Leader’s Brain
- Scaling for Profitable Growth
Listen to the Audio Clip:
Academic Director Patti Williams talks about the EDP
simulation in this excerpt from an interview on Wharton Business Radio, SiriusXM.
Convince Your Supervisor
Here’s a justification letter you can edit and send to your supervisor to help you make the case for attending this Wharton program.
Due to our application review period, applications submitted after 12:00 p.m. ET on Friday for programs beginning the following Monday may not be processed in time to grant admission. Applicants will be contacted by a member of our Client Relations Team to discuss options for future programs and dates.