Empowering educators, transforming schools.
About Blocker Education
Blocker Education Research LLC (Blocker Education) is a rapidly expanding public sector solutions that partners with K-12 education organizations to achieve equitable student outcomes. Blocker Education was established in 2015 and has locations in both Texas and Washington state. The company employs K-12 professional that work to deliver evidence-based solutions for improving students. Blocker Education offers services to districts and schools that focuses on continuous school improvement, the pursuit of equitable student outcomes, and the leadership development.
Instructional Designer (Contract)
Blocker Education is in growing mode.
We’re looking for an experienced Instructional Designer with flexibility for a great long-term contract opportunity.
Job Title: Instructional Designer (Remote)
Role: Learning and Development
We want a contract Instructional Designer to join our team!
At least three years of experience in designing and developing training products for adult learners, with at least two years related to eLearning.
Coursework or experience in adult learning theory, adult education, instructional methods, media and systems design.
Deep functional knowledge of eLearning design principles and technologies, instructional design and adult learning.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Prepare, develop, coordinate, and conduct company training programs, in line with business goals
Design and develop training materials for adult learners such as innovative eLearning solutions and workshops
Demonstrate an understanding of project needs and timeline in order to design and build memorable and engaging training solutions.
Conduct quality assurance procedures on projects for continuous improvement for all training-related products.
Conduct skill gap and task assessments to determine training objectives for products using best practices in adult learning theory.
Work with subject matter experts to ensure accuracy of content and convey subject matter expertise to support all aspects of designed projects.
Gather and evaluate information from subject matter experts to identify weaknesses and areas that require new or additional training and make recommendations as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related subject preferred
- Proven track record in learning and development, with experience in developing, designing, and implementing engaging curricula for a variety of audiences in a range of formats
- Exceptional planning, organization, coordination and collaboration skills
- High level of professionalism, presence and credibility
- Project management experience
- Multimedia experience
- Knowledge of emerging and progressive ID techniques and strategies
- Possess a strong sense of design as demonstrated in print materials, media, and eLearning examples
- Experience working in a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Demonstrated research and analysis skills
- Strong consulting capability with strong interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Familiarity with current learning and performance improvement industry standards, approaches, and innovations
- Connected with professional organizations and maintains accessibility to industry resource
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Articulate 360 (Rise, Peek, Review etc.)
- Articulate Storyline
- Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- WAV, PNG, SVG files
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Ilustrator, Indesign, etc)
Work Location and Schedule:
- Job Type: Contract/Temporary
- Work Location: Remote
- Work Hours: TBD
- Knowledge of word-processing software, spreadsheet software, presentation software, email software, and Internet browsers.
- Knowledge of other desktop and mobile productivity and organizational tools preferred.
- Knowledge of social media platforms preferred.
Physical Effort and Work Environment:
Work is generally performed in a standards office environment. This position requires manual dexterity, sitting, stooping, reaching, kneeling, crouching, bending, walking, and lifting up to 40 lbs. Regular attendance is required for this position.
Positive Work Relationships:
This role reports to the CEO directly. The incumbent will frequently confer with other Blocker Education employees, as well as clients and external contractors.
Blocker Education follows all CDC guidelines.
- Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour (commensurate with experience)