Empowering educators, transforming schools.
About Blocker Education
Blocker Education Research LLC (Blocker Education) is a rapidly expanding public sector solutions that partners with K-12 education organizations to achieve equitable student outcomes. Blocker Education was established in 2015 and has locations in both Texas and Washington state. The company employs K-12 professional that work to deliver evidence-based solutions for improving students. Blocker Education offers services to districts and schools that focuses on continuous school improvement, the pursuit of equitable student outcomes, and the leadership development.
Blocker Education is in growing mode. We seek to hire an Executive Assistant to provide direct support to the CEO, clients, and business operations through a variety of strategic and high-level administrative tasks.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Role: Administrative Support
The Executive Assistant works directly with the CEO to help with the day-to-day operations of the company and is the CEO’s main point of contact with internal and external partners. This position helps the CEO’s activities run smoothly by screening internal and external requests, assigning tasks to the right people, working closely with the CEO, managing internal and external correspondence, leading special projects for the CEO, taking the lead in communication, and managing special events.
- Experienced in managing calendars and emails
- Experience providing administrative and logistical support
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and capable of managing multiple projects
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work independently
Key Job Responsibilities:
- As needed, assists the CEO with business initiatives and facilitates and supports essential content preparation
- Follow-up point of contact for project coordination and liaison to CEO
- Track the progress of future steps, timeframes, and milestones
- Provides strategic input into the planning and implementation of all of the CEO’s goals and requests
- Coordination and oversight of workflow in a fast-paced, frequently changing work environment is required to communicate the CEO’s orders
- Create and carry out action plans to help Blocker Education Research LLC succeed
- Manage special initiatives such as special events, meetings, and other activities as assigned by the CEO
- Oversee the compilation of all documents for the CEO’s schedule, including communication and administrative tasks
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that their activities and messages meet the agreed-upon goals.
- This position will work with all personnel to ensure that the CEO’s needs are communicated and that progress is accomplished in a timely manner
- Use your discretion and sound judgment
- Maintains confidentiality and professionalism
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Other Duties as Assigned:
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Team members will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and work environments may change as needs evolve.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of administrative work experience, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with digital platforms such as Google Forms, Zoom, and web-based search tools a plus
License and Credentials
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver license
- Valid vehicle insurance
Work Location and Schedule:
- Job Type: Full-time; Monday to Friday
- Work Mode: In-Person
- Work Location: San Antonio Corporate Office
- Work Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Knowledge of word-processing software, spreadsheet software, presentation software, email software, and Internet browsers.
- Knowledge of other desktop and mobile productivity and organizational tools preferred.
- Knowledge of social media platforms preferred.
Physical Effort and Work Environment:
Work is generally performed in a standards office environment. This position requires manual dexterity, sitting, stooping, reaching, kneeling, crouching, bending, walking, and lifting up to 40 lbs. Regular attendance is required for this position.
Positive Work Relationships:
This role reports to the CEO directly. The incumbent will frequently confer with other Blocker Education employees, as well as clients and external contractors.
Blocker Education follows all CDC guidelines.
- Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour (commensurate with experience)
- Company contribution to health insurance
- Bonus pay eligible (after one year of employment)
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Blocker Education Equal Opportunity Statement
Blocker Education is dedicated to the principle of equal employment opportunity for every employee and to ensuring that the workplace is free of discrimination and harassment. At Blocker Education, all hiring decisions are based on company needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.